As the Sending Coordinator you have the principal responsibility for coordinating volunteers, returnees, and schools in recruitment for and implementation of AFS outbound programs. As such, you facilitate and monitor the recruitment and selection of candidates for the various sending programs of AFS and work with local volunteers to increase the number of students going abroad. The Sending Coordinator also serves as the principal liaison between the Team and the Staff for procedural and policy issues related to student recruitment and outbound programs.
- Coordinate with volunteer Team and Staff to create a sending recruitment plan and oversee the implementation of it
- Ensure, through collaboration with chapter/local volunteers, the timely follow-up of recently received applications
- Ensure quality AFS relationships with school administrators and faculty
- Provide or help ensure volunteer training in student recruitment activities such as school presentations, effective publicity, sending interviews, etc.
- Act as liaison between chapter/local volunteers, participants and national staff including, but not limited to procedure and policy information
- Receive and handle sending inquiries either through chapter/local volunteers or directly
- Maintain a supply and distribute sending recruitment materials
- Ensure that contact with applicant and natural family is maintained throughout the sending cycle, including suggestions for meeting financial needs, to ensure retention
- Follow up with students who have begun their application encouraging them to complete Part II of the application and arrange for their interviews with local volunteers. Incorporate the student and family into local activities.
- Work with Chair and Orientation Coordinator to ensure that prescribed orientations are timely and of good quality
- Peer to peer training/mentoring
- Sending Interviewer Training (New Requirement)