The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator supports the onboarding, integration, and recognition of volunteers within their local team. This role is responsible for identifying roles and tasks that need to be completed, at both the local and national levels, and matching volunteers to these responsibilities based on their interests, skills, and time available to commit to AFS-USA.
- Collaborate with Team Leadership to assess local volunteer needs and create a volunteer development plan for the Team.
- Work with the Team to develop a recruitment strategy to attract new volunteers and publicize the full range of AFS volunteer opportunities.
- Work with the Staff to oversee the volunteer registration and annual re-registration process.
- Ensure follow up with new volunteers in a timely manner including ensuring that every volunteer applicant participates in a volunteer interview and new volunteers are oriented and welcomed into the team.
- Promote inclusive practices when collaborating with our local communities and recruiting new volunteers, and adhering to the principles of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility)
- Work with the Team to develop and implement a plan to recognize and celebrate volunteers.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing plan of review for volunteer members on an annual basis.
- Maintain and update a database of volunteers (active & retired)
- DoS (Dept. of State) Certification Training (annual)
- HSA (Hosting & Support Affiliations) Training (annual)
- Volunteer Registration Interviewer Training