As the Associate Support Coordinator you are the primary resource for liaisons in situations where host families and host students are in need of mediation and/or conflict resolution. As a key member of the volunteer support network in the team, you work closely with the Team Support Coordinator and Liaisons to provide quality support to our AFS host families and host students.
- Act as primary contact for liaisons as needed
- Keep Team Support Coordinator informed of potential support cases
- Write and file reports electronically informing the Team Support Coordinator of contacts with liaisons and/or with host families and host students (reports will be shared with staff after review by the Team Support Coordinator)
- In consultation with the Team Support Coordinator, provide appropriate direction to the liaison in working with the host family and host student, including follow up on monthly contact notifications from assigned liaisons indicating issues that may impact the hosting experience or when there is an overall contact rating of “Poor” or “Very Poor”
- Meet with host families, hosted participants, and liaisons as needed to assist in problem solving and conflict resolution
- May be asked to serve as a temporary or Team liaison for specific students