The Compliance Coordinator monitors and oversees the required contacts and visits for the AFS host students, host families, and schools in accordance with the standards and regulations outlined by AFS-USA, AFS International, CSIET (Council on Standards for International Education Travel) and the DoS (Department of State) federal regulations governing exchange programs. In this role, you will need to be knowledgeable of these standards and regulations, and will act as a resource and educator for the volunteer support network, host families, and host students in the team.
- Act as the first point of contact for Volunteer Leaders with regards to compliance related questions
- Collaborate and consult with staff as needed when addressing compliance related questions and concerns from the Team
- Act as a resource for the Volunteer Support Network which could include (Team Support Coordinator, Associate Support Coordinator, and Liaison Coordinator (or Liaisons directly if appropriate) as liaisons are recruited, registered, and trained prior to the host students' arrival
- Monitor required contacts/visits with host students, host families, and schools
- Work with the TDS (Team Development Specialist), Team Support Coordinators and Liaison Coordinators when necessary to ensure contacts/visits are completed on time
- Work with the TDS, Team Hosting Coordinator and Team Support Coordinator when necessary to ensure host families are fully screened and oriented prior to participants moving
Training for Role