Overview of Chapter Chartering
- Chapters must submit a chartering application in Global Link by February 16, 2018.
- Chapters must submit all required financial information by February 16, 2018.
- Any new chapters must fill out a separate online charter application to ensure we have all required information.
- The Chapter Chair and Chapter Treasurer will review and update information in Global Link.
- Chapters must submit:
- Completed Annual Chartering Online Application
- All required quarterly financial information to Field Finance Department.
- Once a Chapter is chartered it can go into Global Link to print out the Chartering Certificate.
Chapters Moving to Inactive or Retired Status
In some cases a chapter may not be able to charter in a given year due to a variety of reasons. If that is the case, a chapter can move to "inactive" status for one year, but must still report financial information as required by AFS-USA. When a chapter is "inactive", the remaining funds in its bank account are frozen. If chapters do not complete chartering the following year, they will be "retired." Any remaining funds will be transferred to the National Scholarship Fund to support AFS students going abroad. Funds transferred to the National Scholarship Fund cannot be retrieved even if a chapter decides to reactivate at a later date.
Chapters that wish to move to retired status should contact Volunteer Development at email@example.com
- Launch of annual chartering process.
- Chartering application must be submitted in Global Link
- All financial information must be submitted to Field Finance
- February 28, 2019 - Deadline
Forms and How To's
- How to Complete the Chapter Chartering Process on Global Link, see pdf attachment.