Volunteers should consult the COVID-19: FAQs and Resources section for the most up-to-date information regarding Hosting and Sending programs in the 20-21 cycle.
There are 3 types of bank accounts that Teams and Chapters need to be aware of. They are:
- Centralized accounts (formerly known as "Banking Module" accounts)
- Branch accounts
- Local bank accounts
Here are the details outlining each account and how they are different:
- These accounts will be centralized in NY and established by Field Finance staff for the benefit of the Team/chapter.
- The funds are held in a separately designated AFS-USA Field Cash account in a Bank of America account in NY.
- Disbursements and deposits are made by Field Finance staff upon the request of the Team Treasurer.
- The submission of financial reports to Field Finance is not required.
- Centralized accounts can be used for co-support and for fundraising
- Financial reports are compiled by Field Finance staff and posted to Global Link. These reports give full visibility into Team cash balances and financial activities. The statements are accessible to Chairs and Treasurers through a Global Link user ID and password. For assistance in setting up login credentials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For instructions on how to access your Team's banking module on Global Link, click here to download step by step instructions.
Branch Accounts (Regional Bank of America or Wells Fargo ONLY)
- Field Finance staff will setup the account at either bank in consult with the Team Treasurer.
- Signature cards for both of these banks are available on the wiki.
- Treasurers are responsible to write checks, make deposits at their local branch and access online bank statements.
Local Bank Accounts
- These accounts may be setup by Chairs and Treasurers ONLY when branches of either Bank of America or Wells Fargo are outside of a 20 mile radius.
- Volunteers are solely responsible to open the accounts and manage the banking relationship.
- The account must be opened as a business account in the name of AFS-USA, Inc. and be linked to the AFS-USA tax ID number.
- Local bank accounts can be opened only if prior approval has been granted by Field Finance staff.
- Obtain signature cards from the local bank and mail to Field Finance staff for signing by the President and CFO.