What’s the difference between Returnees and Alumni?
At AFS-USA, Alumni are broadly defined as “anyone who has been touched by the AFS Effect”, which includes returnees, host families, sending families, volunteers, and even staff. Returnees are a piece of the Alumni Relations puzzle, but not the whole.
For more information on:
- Welcoming returnees home: Click here
- Pulling lists of your current returnees
- Pulling historical lists of returnee/alumni in your area: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrating returnees into your team
- Returnee volunteer opportunities: Email email@example.com
- Reconnection and Reunion Requests: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFS-USA Returnee-Alumni Relations on Social Media:
- Returnee Reconnect Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/returneereconnect/
- LinkedIn Alumni Page: https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=165031
- Sign up for the Alumni Newsletter: Email email@example.com
The 5 things every AFSer should do:
- Update your contact info
- Stay Connected
- Get Involved -Click here to learn more about volunteering with AFS
- Give Back
- Go Abroad Again!
Celebrating an AFS Anniversary this year? Click here to learn more!
Just returned? Welcome Home! Find more resources on the Sending Portal
Connect with us on Social Media Facebook LinkedIn