The Using the Contact Log article provides instructions for emailing an individual from Global Link while this article will teach you how to send a mass email to multiple people at once using a Batch Process.
This example will demonstrate how to send a message to all volunteers in a team. The "Batch Process" feature can also be used to contact host families, subsets of volunteers, etc. Please contact your TDS or GLHelp@afsusa.org if you need additional information.
1. In order to email all volunteers in your team, you will first select Person.
2. Select Batch Process. This is the magic button that will allow for you to send a group email.
3. Next, enter your search criteria. If you are sending the message to all volunteers in your team, you would select the following:
a. Max Results = Show All
b. Affiliation/Name = “Volunteer” (you could also look up all the liaisons only by entering “Liaison” or you could look up all the sending interviewers, etc)
c. Affiliation Status = Active (this is how we know the volunteers are fully registered)
d. Organization Name = The name of the team.
And then Search
4. Once your Search Results appear, check the names of the people you want to contact. Or choose the check box at the top to select all. Once you have selected the recipients, click Compose Email
5. A pop up box will appear about Subscriber Alerts. Leaving it as is will mean that any volunteer with a subscriber alert will not receive your message. You can check any boxes that do not pertain to your message. For more information about Subscriber Alerts, visit Subscriber Alerts in Global Link.
6. Finally you can compose and send your message! View Using the Contact Log to learn more about the Global Link Email Composer.