Your MyAFS Volunteer Portal is an easier way to complete volunteer tasks! Need to view a student roster? Wondering who needs an interview? Head to MyAFS!
MyAFS is a mobile-friendly tool to help you and your team easily complete the most common volunteer tasks:
- View students, host families, volunteers, and AFS staff who are part of your team.
- See all your ToDo's in one place.
- Log contacts and visits of hosted participants, host families, and school quickly and easily
And that's just to start. We'll continue to add to MyAFS based on feedback from you. Here are some new features!
- View, claim, and submit interviews for sending participants, host families, and volunteer applicants
- See how many students your team has left to place and browse student bios in the Placements widget
To access MyAFS:
- Sign in to Global Link.
- That's it! You'll be directed to MyAFS by default, though you can also log in at myafs.afsusa.org to get to the same place.
- If you need more advanced functionality, click the Global Link link in the main MyAFS navigation on the left.
Register for an Intro to MyAFS Webinar
Each month staff offer information sessions introducing MyAFS and other resources available to you. We hold a live demonstration of MyAFS and allow time for Q&A. Note that all sessions are the same and are geared toward volunteers who do not have much experience with MyAFS.
Find a time that works for you, and click the date below to register
Tuesday March 19, 2024 @3pm ET / 2pm CT /1pm MT / 12pm PT / 11am AKT
Wednesday March 20, 2024 @8pm ET / 7pm CT / 6pm MT / 5pm PT / 4pm AKT
If you would like to join but can’t attend one of these sessions or if you have any MyAFS questions, contact AskAFS@afsusa.org
There are various resources which can be accessed via MyAFS (the bottom left menu), such as:
- A database of articles related to all things volunteering at AFS
- Utilize the search field and curated categories.
- You can also submit any questions or concerns about volunteering here.
- Access current events and opportunities at AFS
- MyAFS provides a more user-friendly view of the information housed in Global Link. However, there are some things that Global Link can do that MyAFS can’t yet.
- Like Facebook but AFS specific
- P.S. For how to manage your Workplace notifications, click here!
- You are welcome to complete any training that AFS offers. A complete list of available trainings can be found in the Training Center.
- Required trainings will populate on your To Do list in MyAFS.
- If you already have an AFS email, clicking this link will take you to your inbox.
- If you do not yet have an AFS email and want one, please submit a request here.