Once you have completed a school presentation or other activity where you collected information about individuals interested in learning more about going abroad with AFS, please follow the four steps below. You can also watch this screencast which provides a step by step overview on how to collect and submit your leads.
Step 1: Create a Campaign
- As you are setting up an event to promote AFS's study abroad programs, please create a Campaign in Global Link to record your activity (or ask your TDS to do so on your behalf). Use this form in Global Link (it will ask you to log in if you aren't already) to provide the campaign/event details. Provide as much detail about the date, location, and event as possible. When you mail us the leads you recruit, later, we'll connect them to that campaign so you'll be able to track success.
- If you are doing a school presentation, make sure to name the presentation as follows: "School Name - Date of Presentation." For other events, name them "Event Name - Date of Event."
Step 2: Collecting Leads
- When doing School Presentations or an Information Event, staff and volunteers should collect the names and contact information of the most interested students by handing out and collecting completed Student Lead Cards. At a tabling event, it is best to have the student complete the card right then and return it to you, but if they take the card, remind them they can mail it in at no cost to them. These cards are also great to leave with school counselors or administrators for future use. Alternatively, you could collect contact information on a tablet or smart form.
Step 3: Identifying "HOT" leads
- If a student/family you meet seems particularly interested or enthused by AFS and studying abroad, it's a good idea to make note of this on the lead card they hand back to you.
- Use this form to enter the leads that are most interested into the system. Please use the "Comments" field on the form to alert the Study Abroad Specialists if the lead is a HOT lead and needs to be linked to a school (include school name) and/or existing campaign by using the EXACT NAME of the campaign and/or the Campaign Ref number.
- As a reminder, this form should be used for VERY interested leads only and not as a way to enter general leads into Global Link.
Step 4: Send Completed Lead Cards to the Customer Experience Administrative Coordinator in the New York Office
- Mail lead cards, excluding the "hot lead" students you've already entered, to AFS-USA; Attn: Customer Experience Dept; 120 Wall Street, 4th Floor; New York, NY 10005.
- Print and complete this Cover Sheet to include with your lead cards - be sure to bundle your lead cards by evemt and include a completed cover sheet for each presentation. We need to know who did the presentation, when, and where.
- The FASTEST METHOD for getting leads into Global Link is to fill out the lead management spreadsheet and email it to us at email@example.com. If you go this route, please don't alter the spreadsheet in any way when completing it.
- Regardless of how you get your leads to us, you will receive an email confirmation once your leads have been entered into the database.
- The Study Abroad Advisors will follow up with HOT leads recruited in the field; all other students will at minimum receive marketing emails.
Please email the Study Abroad Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.