The AFS-USA Orientation Advisory Group reviews AFS hosting and sending orientation materials to ensure that they include:
- Clear and concise objectives
- User-friendly delivery methods
- A selection of experiential and other activities that appeal to a range of learning styles
- Tips on how to involve AFS returnees in the planning and implementation of orientations
- Tools to evaluate the orientation
In addition they serve as a sounding board for organization-wide decisions regarding orientation content and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
What is the composition of the advisory group?
This group includes both AFS-USA staff and volunteers. Volunteer representation is based on AFS volunteer experience, interest, and skills. Ideally the group will include volunteers from across the country who are actively involved in organizing and facilitating local orientations and/or have an influencer role in the organization or team.
The group is accountable to the Director of Intercultural Learning
How much time is required?
- Bi-monthly conference calls in the evening, or as needed prior to key deadlines
- Regular email correspondence
How long are the terms of membership?
- Serve at minimum of a one year term
- Serve a maximum of three consecutive years
How can I get involved?
Membership to this group is by invitation only. If you are interested in getting involved in this group, please contact Carolyn Rehn at firstname.lastname@example.org