Volunteers should consult the COVID-19: FAQs and Resources section for the most up-to-date information regarding Hosting and Sending programs in the 20-21 cycle.
Team and Chapter Treasurers and Chairs need to be aware of the following guidelines when managing AFS funds:
- All checks drawn in amounts greater than $1,000.00 must have two signatures, with one being that of the Treasurer.
- Checks drawn in amounts less than $1,000.00 require one signature.
- A check cannot be payable to the check signer.
- Treasurers and Chairs should not approve their own expense reimbursements.
- All payments and reimbursements must have documentation that supports the amount and business purpose of the transaction.
- If there is no supporting documentation, a missing receipt form is required.
- If claiming mileage reimbursement, Google or MapQuest driving directions may be submitted as backup.
- Credit cards and debit cards are not authorized at this time. If using Bank of America, an ATM deposit card may be issued. Contact Field Finance for more information.
- Gift cards are considered the same as cash and therefore cannot be given out to host families, volunteers or students.
- Reports must be submitted timely (see reporting requirements) in order for accounting to be complete and accurate and in accordance with GAAP.
- All bank accounts must be reported to Field Finance and, if new accounts are being contemplated, consult first with Field Finance staff.
- All cash received by Teams should be accounted for and reported using the Deposit Form. Cash should never be sent in the mail. Instead, it should be aggregated by the Treasurer and converted to a bank check or money order and deposited.