When planning Arrival Orientation, Teams should note that even though COVID testing requirements have been lifted for entry into the U.S. the following should still be considered:
- CDC recommendations regarding international travel
- Local or state-specific requirements
- Any host school requirements
Taking the above into consideration, we recognize that circumstances will vary among individuals and across Teams, therefore, Teams have the option to hold their Arrival Orientation in-person or in a virtual format with one week of the student’s arrival. A virtual or in-person option must be provided within 7 days of arrival for any students not able to attend the scheduled in-person event. Please consult Best Practices for Organizing In-Person Orientations and Events if planning to hold an in-person event or orientation.
In addition, given recent changes related to participant travel, we expect more teams will choose to run the Host Family Pickup model of Arrival Orientation, virtually and/or in-person the weekend immediately following the student’s arrival, instead of the conducting the Arrival Orientation immediately upon arrival. In either case, the Arrival Orientation must be within 7 days of arrival.
Please review the below pages which contain important information regarding planning for hosted student arrivals and Arrival Orientation.
- NH22 Arrival Orientation Slides (download and save to your computer to be able to edit the slides and add team specific information)
- Arrival Orientation Evaluation
- Additional Activities Booklet
- Coordinating Arrivals
- Arrival Orientation and Host Family Pickup Overview
- Travel Documents, Health Form Addendum & ID Card Review
- FAQs About CORE/CBYX Arrivals
Arrival Orientation Optional Materials
- Host Family Welcome Packet
- Questions for your Guidance Counselor
- AFS Chain of Communication
- Keys to a Successful Year
Past Arrival Orientation Materials
- NH21 In-Person Arrival Orientation Slides
- NH21 Virtual Arrival Orientation Slides
- 2018 Arrival Orientation Leader Guide (for reference)
- 2018 Arrival Orientation Slides (for reference)