The arrival orientation is usually the first formal contact students have with AFS in the host country. The most significant role of this orientation is for students to receive logistical information and contact details about the local AFS organization, including tips on how to stay safe.
Below are the resources you need to conduct an arrival orientation. All handouts are attached here.
- Arrival Orientation Leader Guide.
- Arrival Orientation Powerpoint Presentation (optional but highly recommended)
- Required handout: Student and Host Family Questionnaire
- Required handout: School Questionnaire
- Optional activity: The AFS Pledge
- Very useful handout for students: AFS Educational Goals
- First Days checklist (This is used by some area teams that have newly arrived students students stay with the host family for a few days prior to arrival orientation.)