Volunteers works with students to more deeply develop constructive coping strategies and appropriate communications skills, which will be built on in the upcoming months of the intercultural experience.
The post-arrival orientation should go deeper into the Cultural Realm as students have already had the opportunity to experience some of the host culture. It is an ideal opportunity for deeper conversations about what the students have learned about themselves, their home and host cultures and what the adaptation issues they may be facing or will soon encounter.
All of the resources you need to conduct a post-arrival orientation are listed below and attached.
- Post-Arrival Orientation Leader Guide
- Post-Arrival Orientation PowerPoint (optional but highly recommended)
- Post-Arrival Orientation Student Survey Handout
- Post-Arrival Orientation Values Activity (listed in Leader Guide)
- Post-Arrival Orientation Survey