The Sending Interview Coordinator position in a team is very important to the process of preparing an applicant for their study abroad experience. The Sending Interview Coordinator should help to recruit Sending Interviewers and then ensure that Interviews are being claimed and completed. They should feel comfortable talking to applicants and parents about their study abroad experience, what to expect, the general AFS rules, and introduce them to the local team and events where possible! They should also act as a resource to Sending Interviewers in terms of ensuring all have appropriate training, and tools to complete their tasks.
- Well organized
- Effective at task delegation
- Comfortable working with email and AFS database
- Excellent relationship and team-building skills
- Recognizing others (ex: interviewers)
- Keeps commitments
- Passion for the AFS Mission
- Communicates effectively and distributes information
- Familiarize yourself with the content of the Interview Applicants info
- Ensure that new Sending Interviewers complete the AFS Sending Interview Training
- Facilitate an opportunity for new interviewers to attend an interview with an experienced Sending Interviewer
- Act as a liaison between chapter/local volunteers, participants, and National Sending Staff
- Give an update regarding interviews to the Sending Coordinator, who will share the information at Team meetings
- Contact with local volunteers to confirm that they completed and submitted any sending interviews they agreed to do.