Student Bios are a way for teams to compliantly share info about students to unscreened prospective host families which highlight the student’s interests, passions, and character.
While Bio Writing for NH22 was primarily done at the Regional and Area Team level by volunteers, in this cycle a cadre of National Level Bio Writer Volunteers are being trained and enlisted to write bios for all CORE/CBYX hosted participants. National Level Bio Writers have greater access to view hosted participants before they are distributed and outside of their region. They also have editing access for the Bio section of the student’s service case in Global Link.
Key priorities include timely writing of bios and application of “About Student” Tags which allow for ease of searching out participants with certain interests/characteristics in MyAFS and Global Link.
- Review student applications to collect information with which to write student bios
- Apply “About Student” tags appropriately based on student characteristics and interests
Information You Need to Know
Here are the links to the categories and sections in Help & Learning that the volunteer should be familiar with in this role.
- MyAFS H&L: Share Student Information with Host Family
- MyAFS H&L: Write Student Bios
- Meet the Students: AFS Website Tool for Host Families