In an effort to provide volunteers with more support and guidance on topics that are not usually covered in depth, in general orientation materials, AFS has developed AFS Orientation Volunteer Guides, on a range of topics that will help you to support participants, Host Families, and other volunteers in your team.
- Including Host Siblings in Team Events & Orientations
- On-boarding New, Move & Replacement Host Families
- Teaching the Art of Gratitude
- Fostering a Culture of Inclusivity at AFS-USA Orientations and Events
- Discussing the Use of Pronouns in American Culture
In addition please review the information on Protecting Teens Online: Sextortion and Protecting Teens Online: Financial Scams and be prepared to have discussions with students at orientation events on these topics.