As Liaison Coordinator you work with the volunteer leadership team to help identify, recruit, train and support liaisons working with the host students and families in your team. You provide guidance, training and mentorship to liaisons who are the first contact of support for our hosted students, host families and schools. Working directly with Liaisons you help to ensure that the required monthly contacts and visits are occurring and documented in Global Link.
- Communicate liaison assignments to the Team Liaison Assignment Coordinator, AFS Participant Support Specialists, and/or Field Staff in a timely manner. Or, update the Liaison Assignments Widget regularly (the Liaison Assignment Coordinator Affiliation is needed to update and edit the Liaison Assignments Widget.)
- Provide training and support as needed for liaisons in team.
- Ensure all liaisons are maintaining and documenting required contacts with the host student, host family and school in Global Link.
- As a best practice, AFS-USA recommends that hosted students and host families are assigned a liaison with no more than two host students/families per liaison.
- Refer liaisons to appropriate participant support volunteers and/or AFS staff if adjustment issues surface on the part of the host student, host family or school
- May be asked to serve as a temporary or Team liaison
- DoS (Dept. of State) Certification Training
- HSA (Hosting & Support Affiliation) Training
- Liaison Training