Below is information regarding the End-of-Stay (EOS) Orientation for hosted students that occurs just prior to departure. Departure Day travel information can be found in the Plan Hosted Student Departures section.
This orientation is intended to be farewell event that gives students the chance to thank their host family and gain a bit of closure, while giving them a final opportunity to bond as soon-to-be AFS Returnees.
All of the resources you need to conduct an end-of-stay orientation are listed below and attached.
- End of Stay Planning/Departure Day Guidelines
- End-of-Stay Leader Guide (2020-21 version coming soon!)
- Survey of EOS Orientation (if using printed copies of the survey)
- Editable Certificate of Appreciation
- People Bingo (optional game/ice-breaker activity)
- FAQ Travel Sheet for students (coming soon!)
Please note that the End-of-Stay Orientation doesn’t have an optional PowerPoint. The reason is so everyone can stay focused on being “present” and “in the moment” during EOS.