The Five for the Finish Campaign is an initiative to find host families across the U.S. for the students arriving this fall. Each day of the 5-day campaign, every AFS-USA volunteer will receive an email with a simple task to complete; these tasks will be focused on reaching out to connections across the country: family, friends, colleagues, alumni groups, etc.
In this new, more virtual world, you may have strong connections with those outside of your own community. We are asking you to consider not just your local connections, but your connections in other communities or even other states through this campaign. If we can find families for these students by the 1st Arrivals Placement deadline on July 27th, they will all be able to arrive in time for the start of school and we will have achieved our goal!
On the last day of the campaign, the final Five for the Finish email will include a link to confirm your participation in each of the week’s outreach activities. If you complete each activity, you’ll receive a special gift from AFS-USA! Thank you in advance for participating and truly making a difference.
Daily Volunteer Challenges:
- Refer someone you know would make a great AFS Host Family this fall using the nomination form below!
- Text or email 5 friends or family members who you believe would be a great host family in a different state/city.
- Reach out to 5 community organizations with a student bio they could share with their members!
- Hang 5 Host with AFS flyers in your community
- Make 5 posts about hosting with AFS on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, NextDoor), including your local community Facebook groups!
- You can create your own post using a student bio or photo from the AFS Flickr, or reshare a post like this!
- Bonus: Add an AFS frame (search AFS host) to your Facebook profile picture or upload an AFS cover photo! You can also use the AFS stickers on Instagram stories by searching for @afsprograms or afseffect.
Fill out this form to let us know you’ve completed all the above challenges! You'll receive a special gift from AFS-USA.