As a part of Strategic Plan 2.0, school relationships have risen as one of the top priorities for all volunteers and staff since strong, positive relationships are critical for our organization. In order to move all members of AFS-USA along in a common direction, we have created a webinar to help explain what we mean when we reference a school relationship as the current definition may be different than what you have thought about in the past. Additionally, in this webinar, we help viewers understand the critical need to build (or rebuild) strong school relationships using this shifted philosophy and we begin to share strategies to accomplish it.
After viewing this webinar recording (or the pdf of slides) about the basic definitions and establishment of common language about school relationships, view the bundle of additional webinars recorded by various volunteers and staff members throughout AFS-USA who understand both the value and need for strong connections with schools. Below are the links to the other articles where you can continue to learn about building strong relationships with schools.
- Research Before you Write (or Call): Learn about researching school policies to have informed conversations with schools.
- ABCs of School Outreach: Learn about the new Global Educator newsletter and how to leverage it and also how to connect with professional organizations to better connect with educators
- SPeeding in the School Zone: Learn how Sponsored Programs can help build better school relationships
- Influencer Marketing 101: Social Media practices to build community and positive school interactions
- Everyone is Welcome in Our Club: Learn how extracurriculars are an easy connection to students and staff and how AFS’s practices of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility are in line with schools.
- Giving Gold Stars: Learn strategies to recognize volunteers & schools to create stronger relationships
- A Peek into the World: Learn about what AFS has to give to schools (lesson plans, tools, resources and more!)
- The AFS School Spirit: Learn how strong local support builds strong school relationships