Getting AFS in the news is one of the best ways you can promote AFS! Whether it's a renowned citywide newspaper or a school newsletter, getting a story highlighting AFS published is something to be celebrated and shared. You can see sample publications in the Media Briefs published bi-weekly in the MyAFS News Digest. Check out these other tips on sharing AFS with your local media:
- Write a Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed about what AFS means to you.
- Invite local media (radio, newspaper, TV) to your events and orientations. Use this branded presentation template.
- Share AFS Social Media pages with local publications.
- Inform local TV and radio stations (who are often eager to do a PSA for AFS) when local students win scholarships or when a local family signs up to host (with their permission, of course). Refer to this sample NPR outreach email.
- Submit press releases to your local news outlets or pitch a story about AFS. You can find customizable press releases here.
- Submit an article about AFS to a local newsletter.
- Make sure to refer to the AFS media policy.