Getting AFS in the news is one of the best ways you can promote AFS! Whether it's a renowned citywide newspaper or a school newsletter, getting a story highlighting AFS published is something to be celebrated and shared. You can see sample publications in the Media Briefs published in the MyAFS News Digest. Check out these other tips on sharing AFS with your local media:
- Write a Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed about what AFS means to you.
- Invite local media (radio, newspaper, TV) to your events and orientations. Use this branded presentation. If you need a customizable version of this presentation, please visit our Canva Templates article.
- Share AFS Social Media pages with local publications.
- Inform local TV and radio stations (who are often eager to do a PSA for AFS) when local students win scholarships or when a local family signs up to host (with their permission, of course). Refer to this sample NPR outreach email.
- Submit press releases to your local news outlets or pitch a story about AFS. You can find customizable press releases here.
- Submit an article about AFS to a local newsletter.
- Make sure to refer to the AFS media policy.
- Utilize the AFS Letterhead