Volunteers should consult the COVID-19: FAQs and Resources section for the most up-to-date information regarding Hosting and Sending programs in the 2021-22 cycle.
- The Travel Rep will coordinate the pick-up of students at the airport. While the Travel Rep does not have to be at the airport for every single arrival, they will be the main point of contact for the Travel and Logistics Team. The Travel Rep will identify which volunteer will meet which students, ensure they have the required documents to give the student/host family, and keep a master list of who is meeting which student.
- Starting with the NH20 Cycle, each area team must have one volunteer that is affiliated as the Travel Rep regardless of the airport pickup/arrival orientation.
- The main responsibilities of this position are to ensure the smooth arrivals/departures of the area team’s participants. Travel Representatives may also serve as a Orientation Coordinators.
- Work with area team volunteers and host families to determine who will be meeting each student at Arrivals.
- If the area team is doing host family pick up, ensure that all required information on pick up checklist is available and shared with host family/student.
- A volunteer must be present at the airport to facilitate the meeting of student/host family.
- You may need additional meet/greet volunteers to support multiple flight arrivals at the same time.
- Create Arrival meet/greet schedule to share with Travel and Logistics Team.
- Relay pick up/meet greet schedule to area team coordinator via GoogleDoc, or other shared doc for easy updating/editing.
- Utilize the Departure Day report in Global Link to a create master list of your departing students.
- Update departure list with Program Releases (PRs) and Early Releases (ERs) as necessary. Communicate this information with area team volunteers and the End of Stay (EOS) Coordinator.
- Work with EOS Coordinator to create drop off and airport schedules.
- Ensure that students arrive to the airport 4 hours before departure.
- Remain at airport (or find coverage) until all departing flights have taken off.
- Depending upon flight schedules, provide transit support for other groups who may be flying via your gateway en route home.