The School Outreach Coordinator ensures that meaningful relationships with schools are fostered and built by volunteers in the area team. This volunteer leadership position will lead on the planning, coordination, and implementation of the area team’s customized AFS school outreach strategy. Area Teams may choose to identify multiple School Outreach Coordinators that share the role.
Together with the area team’s volunteer leadership, lead on the development and implementation of an area team school outreach strategy. As part of this strategy, you will:
- Identify and assign volunteers to serve as AFS-USA School Representatives. These volunteers will be assigned to connect with specific schools in your team.
- Work with your team’s volunteer leadership and AFS-USA School Representatives to determine which schools should be selected as part of your team’s outreach strategy.
- Work with your team to create goals and objectives for your school outreach strategy.
- Provide regular updates on progress to your area team’s volunteer leadership.
- Effectively communicate and share AFS-USA educator resources with schools (either directly or through your area team’s AFS-USA School Representatives) in your area team on a frequent basis.
- Monitor and maintain accurate data on schools (i.e. names of key administrators and teachers, school start/end dates, specific deadlines/enrollment policies) in Global Link or ensure that the AFS-USA School Representatives assigned to specific schools maintain accurate data in Global Link.
- Organize meetings with your area team’s AFS-USA School Representatives to check-in on the progress and implementation of the school outreach strategy at each school.
- Act as a liaison between the area team/AFS-USA School Representatives and the AFS-USA Educational Outreach staff.
- Attend webinars/conference calls organized by the AFS-USA Educational Outreach staff team.
Information You Need to Know
Here are the links to the categories and sections in Help & Learning that you need to be familiar with as School Outreach Coordinator in your area team.