As an AFS-USA School Representative, you will implement your area team’s school outreach strategy by connecting with and forming relationships with a school (or schools) in your community. A key part of the volunteer school outreach team, you will serve as the point person for sharing resources and opportunities for a specific school (or specific schools) in your team.
Together with your area team’s School Outreach Coordinator, assist on the development and implementation of your area team’s school outreach strategy. As part of this strategy, you will:
- Serve as the AFS-USA representative for a specific school (or schools) in your team.
- Work with your School Outreach Coordinator to create goals for building a successful relationship with your assigned school/s.
- Effectively communicate and share AFS-USA educator resources with your assigned school/s on a frequent basis.
- Monitor and maintain accurate data on your assigned school/s (i.e. names of key administrators and teachers, school start/end dates, specific deadlines/enrollment policies) in Global Link.
- Attend meetings with your School Outreach Coordinator to report on progress and implementation of the school outreach strategy at your assigned school/s.
- Attend webinars/conference calls organized by the AFS-USA Educational Outreach staff team as your schedule permits.
- Collaborate with other volunteers that may engage with your assigned school/s (i.e. local hosting volunteers, local sending volunteers, hosted participant liaisons, etc.) to ensure that messaging to each school is consistent.
Information You Need to Know
Here are the links to the categories and sections in Help & Learning that you need to be familiar with as School Representative in your area team.