As part of the AFS-USA School Strategy, we want to provide volunteers and staff ways to “give back” and proactively strengthen relationships with schools throughout the year. To that end, we are announcing the AFS Global School Award. Is there a school or school district in your area that is working to bring global ideas to the students in their building?
If so, consider nominating the school or district for the award and/or share this link with your teams to nominate others from your local area. Please read through the attached documents and visit the AFS Global Awards webpage for full details and to learn more about how to nominate a school or district for this award.
- September 2021 – Nominations open
- December 15, 2021 at 11:59pm Eastern time – Nomination packets are due and should be submitted through the online submission form.
- February 1, 2022 – Winning school representative notified (and nominator, if submitted by a 3rd party)
- March 12-14, 2022 – Winning school’s representative flies to Alexandria, VA to the AFS Educational and Cultural Affairs Conference to attend cultural information sessions, networking events and awards banquet.
For more details…
- To learn more about the criteria for submitting a nomination, read the AFS-USA Global School Award Criteria.
- To see the elements and indicators that will be utilized to score the nomination packets, read the AFS-USA Global School Award Rubric.
- To see possible examples or types of evidence that can be submitted in a nomination packet that align with the scoring rubric, read the AFS-USA Global School Award Evidence.
- To read the rules, terms, and conditions of the award, read the AFS-USA Global School Award Terms and Conditions.
- To see AFS-USA’s interpretation of any terms utilized through the award documentation, read the set of definitions that AFS-USA has curated to help.