Since summer 2022, Area Teams have been asked to deliver a Departure Logistics Webinar to their hosted students and host parents 10-14 days prior to the primary departure day, where logistics specific to departure and travel will be shared.
Because students will now travel directly from their host communities to their home countries (through ticketing model), there will no longer be gateway events. Instead, host families will deliver their hosted student(s) to the airport on the day of travel.
- Therefore, the Pre-Return Orientation (PRO) and End of Stay Orientation (EOS) will be combined and take place at the time a PRO has happened in the past: 6-8 weeks before departure.
Every Area Team will be asked to appoint a Departure Coordinator and Travel Rep who will work together to organize the Departure Logistics Webinar for their hosted students and host families. The main goals of the webinar are to:
- Discuss pre-departure preparation
- Plan for any pre-travel testing/paperwork
- Convey logistics on the day of travel
- Review who students and host parents should contact with questions
All the resources you need to conduct a Departure Logistics Webinar and plan for the departure of your hosted students are listed below.
2023 Departure Logistics Webinar Materials: Click here to download the PowerPoint slides for your presentation. Please download to your computer to edit these slides with your team specific departure plan. This is the presentation volunteers will give to their hosted students and host families during their local webinar.
- Email Template Invitation to Departure Webinar for Students & Host Parents
- Departure Coordinator Volunteer Role
- Travel Rep Volunteer Role
- Find Hosted Participant Return Travel Information
- Updates to Sponsored Programs Hosted Student Departures
- 2023 Departure Guidelines for Volunteers
- 2023 Departures: Travel Info for Participants
- FAQ's Departure Logistics and Travel 2022
- 2022 International Airport and Airline Code List for Departures
- 2023 Departure Airport Procedures for Area Teams
Sample Return Travel Notification. This is an example of the Return Travel Notification email that will be sent by Travel & Logistics staff to Core/CB Host Families and Participants two weeks prior to departure. The Area Team’s Travel Rep, Departure Coordinator and Student’s Liaison will also be cc’d.
Departure Day travel information can be found in the Plan Hosted Student Departures section.