The Study Abroad team can be contacted through a shared inbox, here:
The Study Abroad Team consists of six individuals:
- Caitlin Scheider (she/her), Senior Director firstname.lastname@example.org | (646) 751-2126
- Parker Allen (he/him), Senior Manager email@example.com | (646) 751-2157
- Adriana Miladonovic (she/her), Manager, Visas, Scholarships and Diversity Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org | 646-751-2080
- Jennifer Hinrichs (she/her), Specialist | email@example.com | 646-751-2131
- Erin Savre (she/her), Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org | 646-751-2082
- Grace Alexander (she/her), Specialist / On-Site Program Director - AFS Academies | GAlexander@afsusa.org | (646)-751-2055
The Study Abroad Team works with applicants as their main point of contact during their Application journey. We review their applications for completeness, answer questions, inform them of program spots and opportunities, and ultimately liaise between them and the hosting partner. We often work with AFS Volunteers to process and follow-up on AFS Study Abroad Interviews.
Study Abroad Specialists are assigned to specific programs and countries and are not divided by U.S. Area Team. This allows our team to more deeply know the countries and applicants that they are assigned. To find out which team member is working on each program, please click here. Our team works remotely and is located throughout the U.S.
The Study Abroad Team works on the following programs:
- Academic Year and Semester “Flagship” Programs
- Summer Programs (2-8 weeks)
- AFS Global STEM Academies (4-week Summer Scholarship Program)
We also process and provide scholarships to applicants. In doing so, we implement our “Faces of America” scholarship program. AFS-USA’s Study Abroad team does not implement scholarship programs offered by the U.S. Department of State, which are offered by a separate Department of AFS-USA. For questions related to students or programs that are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, please contact the below departments:
Do you have more a specific question? We’d love to help!
- For questions related to the on-program experience, please contact us at StudyAbroad@afsusa.org
- For questions related to Student Travel, please contact AFS.Sending.Travel@afsusa.org
- For questions related to visas, please contact SendingVisas@afsusa.org
- For questions about the AFS Global STEM Academies, please contact STEMChangemakers@afsusa.org.