Foundations of Intercultural Learning and Global Competence is AFS’s training and assessment program to increase intercultural and global competence for volunteers and staff.
In the course you will:
- Discover how AFS creates impact
- Learn tools to understand differences and suspend judgment
- Explore cultural dimensions and intercultural communication strategies
- Reflect on ways to make AFS more inclusive at the local level
- Get inspired by the Sustainable Development Goals to take action in your community
This is a self-paced course, you decide how fast or slow you want to go. The online course consists of 11 modules with videos, forum questions, quizzes, and activities. Each module should take between 20 to 60 minutes to complete. During the course, your Qualified Trainers will invite you to attend three 90-minute Live Sessions where you will meet others from your global cohort and dive deeper into the course topics.
When you take this course you will increase your effectiveness as an AFS volunteer and meet fellow staff and volunteers in your learning cohort. Additionally, this will give you a sense of the content AFS students learn about during their Student Learning Journey.
To register for the this course click on this link and fill out the short form at the bottom of the webpage.