FAQs: Health and Safety
- What should we do if a participant requests to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster?
- What if the local volunteer team and/or host families are not comfortable speaking with (or do not yet have access to speak with) the sending parent(s)/guardian(s) and participant about their COVID-19 vaccine openness/status?
- Will AFS require participants, host families and/or volunteers to have the COVID-19 vaccine and/or booster?
- What if the host school requires the AFS Participant to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and/or booster?
- What if the AFS participant has questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, a COVID-19 booster vaccine, or the host family has questions about the AFS participant being eligible/receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What should we advise a host family if their student gets sick or another member of the host family gets sick?
- What kind of safety guidelines should our students, volunteers, and families adhere to during the year?
- Are there any AFS-specific COVID-19 reporting requirements?